The Superbowl is over and what a game it was! My husband, being a Patriot’s fan, was beginning to lose heart. The Falcons were crushing the Patriots, making it nearly impossible for them to recover, or even win. Nevertheless, a most extraordinary game unfolded! For the first time in Superbowl history it went into Overtime. With baited breath my husband and I watched as the Patriots dug deep, and with focus and determination overcame the impossible. We were astounded!
The Patriots had one goal in mind, they wanted the victory. Nothing was going to get them down. They were gonna fight hard, and fight to win. Inch by inch, line by line they got closer to their goal, and created a big upset for the opposing team. It was incredible to watch.
In a similar way, those of us who are trying to lose weight, eat healthy and get fit, have setbacks that can throw us in a downward spiral. Feeling defeated, they can stop us in our tracks and self-doubt can hold us back. The task before us seems impossible to overcome and for many of us we give up.
Watching the Superbowl was encouraging, and there are valuable takeaways that can help us on our journey.
- When the mountain seems impossible, don’t give up, victory is just around the corner.
- Stay focused, keep your eye on the goal and run for it.
- Be determined! Fight hard, fight to win.
- Overcome ~ don’t let despair, self-doubt, or defeat get you down. Remind yourself you can overcome.
- Take little steps ~ set small goals, win small victories, and the bigger goal will be within your grasp.
Today, as you bask in the epic game, bask in the victory that is within your reach! Stay healthy, keep fit, and keep glowing!