What a pleasant surprise I got, this morning, when I went onto my computer!
Nina over at http://healingwithfoodblog.com/2015/02/16/a-liebster-award/ nominated my blog for a Liebster award. I am, both, flattered and honored, that she would choose healthyglowchic to be one of her nominees. A big THANKYOU is sent her way. I would encourage you to head over to Nina’s gluten and dairy free blog and check it out. She has a myriad of recipes from Fluffy Watermelon Ice to Sago Pudding with Lychee & Pineapple.
These are the Official Rules:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person that nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Answer the eleven questions about yourself provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide eleven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate five to eleven blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the bloggers that you nominated, that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
Here are the 11 questions that Nina asked me:
1. Why did you start this blog?
I started this blog to share my experiences, with others, as I try to maintain a healthy lifestyle and to share information that may be beneficial for others. I think this is a great avenue to meet like-minded people who have similar interests and challenges. This blog keeps me focused and accountable. It also allows me to get support and give support to others who are striving to live a healthy life.
2. What’s one thing that always makes you smile?
I think, hands down, that would have to be my FAMILY. I love my husband and children. My lips curl upwards to form a massive smile when I see, hear or think about them.
3. How many places have you lived?
I have lived in 3 different homes, but the same area my whole life. Boring right? Actually, I love living in Canada and prefer to travel. I’ve travelled to England, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, Poland, Bahamas, Playa del Carmen, Florida, Las Vegas, California, Virginia, Michigan, and even Banff Alberta.
4. Do you have a favourite quote?
“We change our behavior when the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of changing.” (Henry Cloud)
5. What’s one piece of advice you’d give your younger self?
Don’t sweat the small stuff, life is too short!
6. What things are you passionate about?
I am passionate about health and fitness. I am passionate about outdoor biking. I am passionate about my faith and volunteering in my local church.
7. What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t done yet?
I’ve always wanted to go on a hot air balloon ride, but haven’t. I think it would be such an exhilarating experience; perhaps one day I will get the chance to do it.
8. What’s your favourite way to relax?
My favorite way to relax would be on a beach, under an umbrella, soaking up the sun and listening to the waves roll in. However, that is only available to me for a portion of the year. The other favorite way to relax is in a big comfy chair, by the fireplace, listening to some music playing softly in the background.
9. Where is your dream holiday destination?
10. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
Lisa Whelchel. She recently starred in the reality tv show “Survivor” and was a star on “The Facts of Life” in the 80’s.
11. What’s the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?
I would have to say the most unusual food I have eaten is Buffalo. I had buffalo meat while I was in Alberta and quite liked it.
11 Random Facts about Me:
- I enjoy decorating.
- I am a vocalist.
- I have never gone downhill skiing.
- I love history and science.
- I can body surf. (I know eh?)
- I cut my own hair (gasp).
- I love browsing around antique/thrift shops.
- I’ve sailed in a glass bottom boat to view beautiful tropical fish.
- I had a Quad pregnancy.
- I enjoy photography.
- I have two older sisters and no brothers.
The blogs I would like to nominate for the Liebster Award are:
My questions for the nominees are, as follows:
- What inspires you in life?
- What is your favorite song?
- If you could save only one book from a burning library what would it be?
- Where is the most exotic place you have visited?
- Who would play you in a movie?
- What’s your most embarrassing moment?
- What’s your favorite exercise?
- How many times a week do you exercise?
- What is the most unusual food you have eaten?
- Do you have a goal you want to achieve in 2015?
- What one character in history do you admire?